Frequently Asked Questions...
Why should I choose this club?
- We're service, and result orientated.
- We're professional, full-time instructors/trainers
- We're safe, fun, and affordable.
- We're sanctioned/certified by major governing bodies.
- We offer a variety of age/skill appropriate training opportunities.
What kind of club is this?
- We're a recreational club serving beginner through elite level players using standards set forth by the WKF/USA-NKF (America's National Governing Body for the sport)
- We produce both Kata and Kumite athletes
- We teach Shitoryu style Kata.
Is it safe?
- The most obvious causes of injury have been identified, modified, and/or eliminated.
- The use of approved safety gear ensures enjoyment of the activity with minimal opportunity for injury.
- Anti-social behavior is not tolerated
How do I get started?
- Call for an appointment to view a practice, or participate as a guest.
- Come meet the coaches, and get orientated with the club operations.
- Enroll for a month to try out the activity.
What Style (s) do you teach?
- Shito-ryu. Specifically, we're members of the World Shito-ryu Federation (Shito-Kai).
- Our sparring follows the World Karate Federation/USA Karate rule system.
What is the USA National Karate Team?
- The USA National Karate Federation (USA-NKF) is the National Governing Body (NGB) for the sport of Karate in America.
- They are solely responsible for National Team selection.
- Learn the facts here: USA National Karate Federation.
What ages can participate ?
- Children as young as four or five are capable of performing basic skills.
- There is no upper age limit.
Do you train adults?
- Yes, we do.
As a parent, can I train alongside my 4,5,6,7 year old child?
- Not effectively.
- With older children, yes.
"I just want my child/ teen to learn some confidence and/or self-discipline"
- Our club is an excellent place to do that.
Is it affordable?
- Our club is very affordable
I have previous experience in another style/club. Can I keep my belt rank?
- It's up to you.
- We recognize the effort, time, and energy expended.
- (Our head coach has a mixed art background.)